This CE activity is a monograph (PDF file).
- Pharmacists, Nurse Practitioners, Clinical Nurse Specialists, and Registered Nurses
This CE activity was developed by The Rx Consultant, a publication of Continuing Education Network, Inc.
CE activities for Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians:
This continuing education (CE) activity meets the requirements of all state boards of pharmacy for approved continuing education hours. CE credit is automatically reported to CPE Monitor.
CE activities for Nurse Practitioners and Clinical Nurse Specialists:
This continuing education activity meets the requirements of:
The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for formally approved continuing education (CE) hours, and CE hours of pharmacotherapeutics.
The American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Program (AANPCP) for acceptable, accredited CE.
This is a pharmacotherapeutics/pharmacology CE activity.
Continuing Education Network, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Requirements for CE Credit
- Discuss the differences between traditional compounding and compounding at outsourcing facilities and the regulations that apply to each. Compare sections 503A and 503B of the Compounding Quality Act.
- Explain the Drug Supply Chain Security Act as it applies to various parts of the pharmaceutical distribution chain and recognize the key provisions of the Act to be implemented by 2023.
- Define what is meant by a biosimilar product, and discuss the FDA’s criteria for interchangeability.
- Apply the Drug Disposal Act implemented in 2014 to your practice. Identify the allowed methods of controlled substance disposal and requirements for each.
- Summarize the advantages of the rescheduling of hydrocodone combination products to Schedule II, and the regulation under the Comprehensive Addiction and Recovery Act (CARA) regarding partial filling of Schedule II drugs.
Kimberly Burns , RPh, JD
Brief Bio : Kimberly Burns RPh, JD is a Professor of Pharmaceutical Sciences at the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) School of Pharmacy in Erie, Pennsylvania.
Disclosure : Kimberly Burns RPh, JD reports no financial relationship with the manufacturer(s) or provider(s) of any commercial product(s) or service(s) that appear in this issue.
Release Date: Jul 6, 2017
Credit Expiration Date: Jul 6, 2020