- Pharmacists, Nurse Practitioners, Clinical Nurse Specialists, and Registered Nurses
CE activities for Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians:
This continuing education (CE) activity meets the requirements of all state boards of pharmacy for approved continuing education hours. CE credit is automatically reported to CPE Monitor.
The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for formally approved continuing education (CE) hours, and CE hours of pharmacotherapeutics.
The American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Program (AANPCP) for acceptable, accredited CE.
- The ANCC requires all advanced practice nursing certificants (CNSs and NPs) to complete 25 CE hours of pharmacotherapeutics as a portion of the required 75 continuing education hours.
- Pharmacology CE is recommended by the AANPCP and will be required for Certificants renewing certification starting January 2017.
- Most State Boards of Nursing require a minimum number of pharmacy contact hours to renew an advanced practice license.
Requirements for CE Credit
- Discuss vaccine-specific indications and contraindications for patients with altered immunocompetence (including HIV infection and asplenia).
- Discuss vaccine-specific indications and contraindications for patients with diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and chronic lung, liver, or kidney disease.
- Describe vaccine-specific recommendations for pregnant women, men who have sex with men, and for patients with egg allergy.
Jeff Goad , PharmD, MPH
Brief Bio : Jeff Goad, PharmD., MPH, Associate Professor and Vice Chair, Titus Family Department of Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Economics Policy, USC School of Pharmacy.
Jelena Lewis, PharmD, PharmD
Brief Bio : Jelena Lewis, PharmD is an Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice at Chapman University School of Pharmacy. She is also a faculty-in-residence at St. Jude Heritage Medical Group where she provides chronic disease state management. se state management.