- Pharmacy Technicians
- This accredited program is targeted to pharmacy technicians.
CE activities for Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians:
This continuing education (CE) activity meets the requirements of all state boards of pharmacy for approved continuing education hours. CE credit is automatically reported to CPE Monitor.
The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for formally approved continuing education (CE) hours, and CE hours of pharmacotherapeutics.
The American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Program (AANPCP) for acceptable, accredited CE.
- The ANCC requires all advanced practice nursing certificants (CNSs and NPs) to complete 25 CE hours of pharmacotherapeutics as a portion of the required 75 continuing education hours.
- Pharmacology CE is recommended by the AANPCP and will be required for Certificants renewing certification starting January 2017.
- Most State Boards of Nursing require a minimum number of pharmacy contact hours to renew an advanced practice license.
Requirements for CE Credit
- List at least 5 routine adult vaccinations and a current brand name for each vaccine. Identify the 3 routine vaccines that are live vaccines, and list at least 2 health conditions that contraindicate live vaccines.
- Name at least 1 vaccine-specific recommendation for patients with each of the following conditions: diabetes, cardiovascular disease, chronic lung disease, chronic liver disease, or chronic kidney failure. List at least 1 vaccine-specific recommendation for pregnant women, men who have sex with men, and health care personnel.
- Discuss the recommendations for influenza vaccination in patients with egg allergy. Name 3 other vaccine components that can cause allergic reactions.
Jeff Goad , PharmD, MPH
Brief Bio : Jeff Goad, PharmD., MPH, Associate Professor and Vice Chair, Titus Family Department of Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Economics Policy, USC School of Pharmacy.
Disclosure : Jeff Goad reports no financial or personal relationship with any commercial interest producing, marketing, reselling, or distributing a product or service that appears in this issue. Dr. Goad reports being on the speakers bureau for Merck & Co., Inc.
Jelena Lewis, PharmD, PharmD
Brief Bio : Jelena Lewis, PharmD is an Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice at Chapman University School of Pharmacy. She is also a faculty-in-residence at St. Jude Heritage Medical Group where she provides chronic disease state management. se state management.
Disclosure : Dr. Lewis reports no financial relationship with the manufacturer(s) or provider(s) of any commercial product(s) or service(s) that appear in this issue.