- Pharmacists, Nurse Practitioners, Clinical Nurse Specialists, and Registered Nurses
CE activities for Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians:
This continuing education (CE) activity meets the requirements of all state boards of pharmacy for approved continuing education hours. CE credit is automatically reported to CPE Monitor.
The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for formally approved continuing education (CE) hours, and CE hours of pharmacotherapeutics.
The American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Program (AANPCP) for acceptable, accredited CE.
- The ANCC requires all advanced practice nursing certificants (CNSs and NPs) to complete 25 CE hours of pharmacotherapeutics as a portion of the required 75 continuing education hours.
- Pharmacology CE is recommended by the AANPCP and will be required for Certificants renewing certification starting January 2017.
- Most State Boards of Nursing require a minimum number of pharmacy contact hours to renew an advanced practice license.
Requirements for CE Credit
- Describe the benefits (or lack of benefit) of nondrug therapies (eg, exercise, physical therapy, weight loss, tai chi, acupuncture) in the management of hip and knee osteoarthritis (OA).
- Discuss the efficacy and side effect/safety profiles of acetaminophen, NSAIDs (oral and topical), tramadol, capsaicin, and duloxetine. Recommend analgesic therapy for OA based on efficacy and patients’ coexisting conditions.
- Discuss the potential benefits of complementary and alternative medicine, including the use of supplements, in OA management.
Jelena Lewis, PharmD, PharmD
Brief Bio : Jelena Lewis, PharmD is an Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice at Chapman University School of Pharmacy. She is also a faculty-in-residence at St. Jude Heritage Medical Group where she provides chronic disease state management. se state management.
Laressa Bethishou, PharmD, BCPS