- This accredited program is targeted to pharmacy technicians.
CE activities for Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians:
This continuing education (CE) activity meets the requirements of all state boards of pharmacy for approved continuing education hours. CE credit is automatically reported to CPE Monitor.
The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for formally approved continuing education (CE) hours, and CE hours of pharmacotherapeutics.
The American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Program (AANPCP) for acceptable, accredited CE.
- The ANCC requires all advanced practice nursing certificants (CNSs and NPs) to complete 25 CE hours of pharmacotherapeutics as a portion of the required 75 continuing education hours.
- Pharmacology CE is recommended by the AANPCP and will be required for Certificants renewing certification starting January 2017.
- Most State Boards of Nursing require a minimum number of pharmacy contact hours to renew an advanced practice license.
Requirements for CE Credit
- Describe at least 4 nondrug therapies that are used in the management of osteoarthritis (OA).
- Identify the generic name, brand name, and usual adult doses of medications commonly used for osteoarthritis management. Discuss an important safety concern with acetaminophen. Recognize common or potentially serious side effects of oral NSAIDs, tramadol, capsaicin, and duloxetine.
- Discuss 5 supplements commonly used for the management of OA, and identify a side effect or precaution for each.
Jelena Lewis, PharmD, PharmD
Brief Bio : Jelena Lewis, PharmD is an Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice at Chapman University School of Pharmacy. She is also a faculty-in-residence at St. Jude Heritage Medical Group where she provides chronic disease state management. se state management.
Disclosure : Dr. Lewis reports no financial relationship with the manufacturer(s) or provider(s) of any commercial product(s) or service(s) that appear in this issue.
Laressa Bethishou, PharmD, BCPS
Disclosure : Dr. Bethishou reports no financial relationship with the manufacturer(s) or provider(s) of any commercial product(s) or service(s) that appear in this issue.